«La primera obligación de todo ser humano es ser feliz, la segunda es hacer feliz a los demás»

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Time

Time doesn’t fly, it soars. At times this can be comforting, like when you’re about to give a presentation and despite all your nervousness it greets you and then passes you in an instant. That I am grateful for because I am not a good public speaker. However at other times it is a bit disorienting. For example I clearly remember the moment we dropped my brother off at college, the excited nervousness I could observe in his eyes and the dread I could feel emanating from my mother. And now it’s almost my turn. Where did Senior year go? I mean don’t get me wrong, I don’t necessarily wish to spent more time in high school but if feels like I took a nap and when I woke up I found myself in another decade with my hair rumpled and a developing headache.

Yesterday I went to UCSB, my potential future university. And shit, I find myself closer and closer to becoming a broke, independent college student. Yes, I dread having to worry about tuition and whether or not I’ll be eating on the weekends but at the same time I’m excited. I’m excited to explore the unknown and to experience the power that comes with independence. I’m excited to see my trifling fears lead way to more and more confidence. I’m excited to greet the new phase in my life, which is coming faster than school on Mondays.

No comments:

Post a Comment