«La primera obligación de todo ser humano es ser feliz, la segunda es hacer feliz a los demás»

Sunday, September 7, 2014

MASTERPIECE IN PROGRESS

Although I do not have a clear image of what I would like my masterpiece to be, I know for certain that I would like it to involve the people in my community. The hardships of immigrants have always had a great impact in my life because I witness them everyday and because my heart aches for them constantly. For this reason I would like to incorporate these individuals and their hardships in my masterpiece. One thought which has crossed my mind is learning the Mixteco dialect, which is the only language many residents of Santa Maria speak. This dialect originates from Oaxaca and these individuals whom only speak Mixteco suffer double discrimination, for not speaking English and for not speaking Spanish, and therefore have greater trouble surviving. Therefore I would like to learn Mixteco so that I may be able to provide my help, any help, to as many people as possible. If this does not turn out to be my masterpiece, then it will certainly involve some other manner of helping our community.

No comments:

Post a Comment