«La primera obligación de todo ser humano es ser feliz, la segunda es hacer feliz a los demás»

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

My Masterpiece 1

My intended masterpiece is to learn the Mixteco (Tu'un davi/ Tu'un savi) dialect to the best of my abilities by the end of the year. However this masterpiece will not end after merely one year, it will continue until I have not only learned the language but have learned the culture, heritage, and traditions that accompany this dialect and have immersed myself in them. The world is full of so many different cultures and languages, so beautifully diverse that we must not let them die out. It is our duty to preserve our identities and to cherish our variety of cultures which in the end have more in common than we think.

I have already begun my Masterpiece and with the help of a good friend have learned key phrases, words, the alphabet, and the numbers. Although at times my masterpiece seems daunting, for it is completely different from Spanish or English, I will continue to invest my efforts in this task. My friend and I spend 10 minutes of our lunch everyday going over new words and phrases and the meaning behind them, and I know that little by little I will get closer to my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment